2008/07/21

Ponyo

What's the buzz this weekend?

I'd say it's the anime movie by Studio Ghibli, "Gake no ue no Ponyo" or "Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea" which just launched this weekend.


Pic data source: download section of Ponyo official site

Wikipedia article on Ponyo is here.

This is the newest movie of Hayao Miyazaki, the animation movie director who made Nausicaa, Laputa, Totoro, etc whom I am a big fan of, and the music which is attracting and addictive so many people - I see lots of my friends writing Ponyo Ponyo Ponyo Ponyo because of that- is made by Joe Hisaishi, who was doing the music for many of the Ghibli movies, and I'm also a fan of Hisaishi-san too :)

Japanese blog posts including the word "ポニョ"
Data source: Technorati Japan



Movies yearly box offices in Japan, 2007


Data source: Motion Picture Producers Association of Japan, Inc.
1USD is approximately 106 JP Yen

Movies yearly box offices in the U.S., 2007



Data source: Box Office Mojo

0 件のコメント: