2009/04/14

Cherry blossom season in Japan!

End of March-beginning of April is the cherry blossom season in Japan.
People goes to "Ohanami"(cherry blossom watching) -hang out under the cherry trees drinking beer and enjoy the beautiful flower and conversation.

This year I was lucky enough to capture some photos of cherry blossoms in Tokyo and Kyoto so that I can share with you :D

Somei Yoshino near my house:

石神井川の桜

石神井川の桜

Shidare-zakura

平安神宮と桜




Randen is a train that connects Arashiyama area and Kyoto area,
and there is an arch of cherry trees which the train goes through...

嵐電

The garden of Kodaiji temple and shidare zakura

高台寺の桜

Touji temple and cherry tree

東寺


A shot in the garden of Daikakuji temple.

大覚寺の桜

Heian-Jingu shrine and the cherry trees.

平安神宮と桜


Cherry blossoms are beautiful night and day. Here are some of the night shots.

Gion area, temple and cherry blossom.

祇園の桜

Nijojo, old castle in Kyoto with Cherry blossoms and full moon...

二条城の桜

Another shot in Nijojo, this cherry tree has its reflection on the pond.

二条城の桜

Kodaiji temple cherry tree with lightings:

高台寺


Tetsugaku-no-Michi, or Philosophers' Walk in Kyoto is famous for cherry blossoms,
and when I visited last week it was in full bloom and on weekend the cherry flowers were starting to fall off.

哲学の道と桜

But to my amaze, this is what we saw...
A river absolutely covered in pink with the flowers!

哲学の道と桜

Closer look of the river:

哲学の道と桜


Duck family in the river with cherry flowers at Tetsugaku-no-Michi...

哲学の道と桜

Hmm, maybe I should make a "Ohanami-guide" website :D

2 件のコメント:

Unknown さんのコメント...

what I am doing in tokyo I should be in kyoto :)
btw I was with some people to do extreme hanami! www.extremehanami.com I took some photos but no artistic skills :)

Rafik

Fumi さんのコメント...

Hi Rafik,

Cool- you went to Exteme Hanami!
Autumn will be another beautiful season in Kyoto, with all the maple trees turning red. Maybe you should try that out :)